Look at the Video Guide
- Explore the sites listed there
Things to try...
- Go to YouTube.com, find any video of interest and post it on your blog (instructions here)
- Use a video download site (like KeepVid.com) to save a video file from a YouTube Video
- Use your webcam to create and post your own video on YouTube. Become a YouTube Star! Guide here
Creating your own blog using Blogger.com (Google's Blog Service)
- Create your Blogger Blog as shown in the BloggerGuide
to the 'TTP Spring 2012 Portfolios' Google Doc and add the URL of your
blog in the appropriate row.
- Decide whether you'd like your blog to be public or
If you'd like it to be public, do nothing.
If you'd like it to be private, watch this video, Go to your Dashboard/Settings/Permissions, and change your blog reader settings 'Only people I choose. Please choose pufslebow at gmail dot com' and jefflebow at gmail dot com.
Things to do with your new blog...
- Post a photo on your blog. Instructions here. Add the label 'Photos'.
- Create a short blog post about anything you like - TTP so far, CALL thoughts/wishlist, Chuseok experiences,etc.
- Post a YouTube video. Instructions here.
Diigo (Social Bookmarking)
- Look at the Diigo Guide. Register at Diigo, join the Learning Call Diigo group, browse websites, and bookmark at least five websites.
Skype (used to video call from computer-to-computer or computer-to-phone).
Skype Guide here. If time permits, register for an account, update the 'TTP Spring 2012 Portfolios' and try skyping classmates.
- Storyline Online - Videos of Childrens books being read aloud
- BookBox - Read aloud books with subtitles
- TeacherTechVids.com - Screencast video guides about assorted technology tools for teachers
- RachelsEnglish.com - Extensive collection of pronunciation explanations & activities
- LessonStream.org - complete lesson plans based on YouTube videos