The goal of the first week is to get set up with some of the accounts and tools we'll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don't already have one. (this ID might be used for public posting. If you want to remain anonymous online, please choose a pseudonym - don't use your real name as an ID).
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking 'More/Blogger' from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like.
To see some examples of what you can do with a 'Blogger' blog check out the ones below.SmartLearning (by former TTP Trainee 오정훈)To experiment with your new blog, try
Collablogatorium (by Carla Arena - CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
LearningCall.net (this site)
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding 'gadgets' to the side of your blog
- embedding a presentation from slideshare (using html mode)
- Complete the CALL Entrance Survey
- If you'd like to update your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click 'Profile/About/Edit Profile'.
- Create an account at Diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. After you've registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Diigo allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples' links.Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites or look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.