1) Make sure you have added these folders to your Google Drive:
2) Make a copy of the Mini-presentation Overview Form and add it to your Teaching Demonstration Folder.
- TTP2018 Course Materials
- TTP2018 Teaching Demonstrations
- Your TTP Journals
- Your TTP Writings
3) Go to the Websites page and explore some of the TILL related websites. Use Diigo to bookmark at least three websites.
4) Post your own Quizlet set on your blog. Quizlet screencast guide (embedding how-to begins around 2:45)
The goal of the first two weeks is to get oriented to the course, acquainted with each other, and get set up with some of the accounts and tools we'll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the TILL buffet).
- Create your Gmail Account.
- Make a copy of the Extensive Reading Log Template, add your name to the Document title, and make sure it is in your TTP Journal folder. In that same folder, create a document and title it 'your name TTP 2018 Journal - Session#1'.
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the 'Google Matrix/More/Blogger' from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like. Add your Blog URL to the TTP 2018 Account Info Doc
To see some examples of what you can do with a 'Blogger' blog check out the ones below.
From former TTP Trainees
Claire's English Playground, Humming English, Nayoung's English, Jackie's Ideabox, SmartLearning, Undertaker's English, Happy English w/Xena
- To experiment with your new blog, try
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding 'gadgets' to the side of your blog
- Create an account at https://diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. Make sure to Join the Learning Call Group . Diigo is a social bookmarking tool that allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples' links.
After you've registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites . For a Korean-friendly look at some great CALL sites and tools, you can check out 오정훈 's site: http://www.ismartedu.net/ You can also look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
Add your Diigo Profile URL to the TTP 2018 Account Info Doc
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. You can use your gmail address if desired.
Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class and the TTP2018 Class. You can explore some of the quizlets there from past cohorts of TTP and browse through millions of other Quizlet sets.
Watch this Quizlet screencast guide for 'how-to' information.
Quizlet App here.
Extra Special Super Important Very Fun Week#1 Assignment Post a 1~5 minute INTRODUCTION VIDEO to the your the TTP Whole Group BAND
You can take a ‘selfie video’ with your phone or get help from a friend. Be as creative as you like! (e.g. give a tour of your home, take us out with you on Friday night, sing your favorite song, etc.) If you have any problems uploading the video to the Band, email the file to Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the TTP Bands